Photos of the Day for October 28, 2016

Mahiljou 2016 (III/IV):  architecture of former Luteranskaja Street, now Mihaja.  The street was named Luteranskaja when Russian empress Catherine II, who controlled the eastern Belarusian lands as a result of the first partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1772,  granted the local German community permission to build a church there in 1780.

Магілёў 2016 г. (III/IV):  дойлідства на былой вул. Лютэранскай, зараз Мігая.

 

Pre-World War II Soviet school in a Stalinist style on the site of the Lutheran church, demolished by the Soviet regime in the 1930s.

Даваенная школа ў стылі рэпрэсанс на месцы кірхі, якую нямецкая суполка ў Магілёве пабудавала ў 1780 г. з дазволу Кацярыны ІІ й якую савецкая ўлада разбурыла ў 30-ых.

 

 

House (beginning XX century) in an almost proto-constructivist style.

Асабняк (з пачатку 20-га ст.) у амаль протаканструктывістскім стылі.

 

 

Building with typical urban (Jewish) architectural details, e.g., the window decorations.

Местачковая забудова.

 

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply